Careful lawn fertilization services are crucial during the fall months to ensure the ongoing health and beauty of your lawn. Fertilization is just as important as watering, aeration, and overseeding. For the best lawn possible, none of these steps should be skipped or neglected. After all, do you need a reason to get outside and enjoy the cool weather after our long, hot summer?
Fall: Best Time for Lawn Fertilization Services
- First of all, using a phosphorous-rich fertilizer in the fall will strengthen your plants’ roots. This makes for stronger and healthier grass in the spring. The same holds true for shrubs, which will produce extra springtime flowers for you with a little phosphorous boost.
- Because your lawn takes a real beating sitting in the hot sun all summer long, fall is the time for it to recuperate from the intense growth, pests, and stress of a hot and dry summer. Fertilizing with high-nitrogen products in the fall will help turf rebound and look gorgeous for the autumn months.
- Fall lawn fertilization service will also help protect your grass’s roots from being damaged in the cold winter months.
- In addition, grass typically starts storing carbohydrates in the fall to help it survive the winter. These carbohydrates also serve as an energy reserve so that the lawn can create new shoots in the spring. Fall fertilization helps grass handle these processes with ease.
- Late October is ideal for the last fall lawn fertilization services because the grass has stopped growing but is still green. This application gives grass a boost of energy reserve to help it survive the winter. It also will finish recovering from the summer. Timing is crucial for the final fertilization of the year.
- Finally, fertilizing in the fall will help your lawn green up earlier in the spring. Because the extra carbohydrates kept in reserve will be ready to go when shoots begin growing.
Schedule a Fertilization Appointment Today
Fertilizing your lawn in the Fall is extremely important for maintaining the health and beauty of your lawn. Thick, free of weeds green grass requires several steps, and fertilization is one that you definitely don’t want to skip. Ideal lawn fertilization services will involve the carefully-timed application of the right kind of fertilizer for your grass. Furthermore, accurate measurement of the fertilizer is important to ensure that the product’s effects are maximized.
Kemko Lawn & Shrub knows Atlanta’s turf types. With 30 years of experience in lawn care, we are trusted to provide lawn fertilization services for scores of home and property owners. Call us at 770-466-6113 to schedule your fertilization service today.